Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Footprints Flash Website



Our second assignment was to create either an ecommerce site or a micro site that focuses on one product. I knew that I wanted to do something original, but I wasn't sure what.

My first idea was to make a website for a fictional store that caters to men with large feet. If you know me, then you know that I have large feet. I wear size 14 shoes and I often have a hard time finding shoes in stores that fit. Often I will find a style of shoes that I like only to find out that they only go up to size 13. I thought that it was be a good idea to have a store that only sales large sized shoes. I soon realized though, that I would need to either take pictures of a bunch of shoes or pull pictures of shoes off the internet for the project so I abandoned that idea.

That led to me to come up with something else. I decided to make a site called Footprints shoes. I bought a pair of white shoes, took a bunch of pictures of it from every angle and then I warped illustrations and prints from some of my past art assignments onto the shoe using Photoshop. Hence the name foot prints. I got kind of carried away. I have 8 different shoes and I made 5 different views of each shoe for a total of 40 different views in Photoshop. I spent hours and hours on the shoes and then I kind of panicked at the end getting my website together.

Anyway here is a couple of layouts I did in photoshop of what I wanted my site to look like. The logo is still a work in progress. In fact, I am still not done with it.


Here is the link to the actual site: Shoeprints

No comments:

Post a Comment